The NHS in Kent and Medway would like your views about how services are provided in future.
At the moment the NHS West Kent Clinical Commissioning Group are one of eight GP-led clinical commissioning groups across Kent and Medway, who are responsible for planning and spending the health budget to meet local needs.
It is now suggested that these groups merge to form a single Clinical Commissioning Group. This would mean that it would:
· provide a ‘bird’s eye view’ of health priorities for people across Kent and Medway based on a detailed understanding of local health needs, so that care can be planned effectively for everyone
· identify where challenging health problems can be shared and tackled
· allow the consistent commissioning of some services – such as cancer, mental health, children’s services and prevention – across Kent and Medway
· focus on the health, wellbeing and care needs of the whole population
· reduce management and administration costs across Kent and Medway.
The survey is open until 23 September. Please complete it and share with your friends, colleagues and family as your views are important to us.